Puneet Wadhwa's BIOINFORMATICS BLOG

Friday, January 27, 2006

Sybase ADO.NET (Internal Error 30002) FIX


Hey Friends:

This post is more relevant to those who are using Sybase ADO.NET drivers in their .NET applications to connect to Sybase databases. I recently came across a wierd SYBASE Exception which had a description: Internal Error 30002, while I was trying to insert records into my Sybase database tables. I could not find any explanation on Sybase tech support pages, and also not much helpful information on the search engines.

I opened up a Tech support case with Sybase as my company has their support subscription, and they advised us to upgrade the .NET PC Client to the latest EBF (ebf13008). This magically solved all these internal error problems.

I hope some of you who may be facing these errors might get help.

Thanks,
Puneet Wadhwa

11 Comments:

  • where can i get the ebf13008

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:46 AM  

  • Aside from inserts, another condition that raises this error is if your query outputs a column that is SMALLDATETIME NOT NULL

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:39 AM  

  • Hi,

    I m plnning to take up a course in bioinformatics, please tell me abt the scope of the field, my mail Id is sush_anand2002@yahoo.co.in.

    I look forward to receving your reply,

    Thanks

    sushil

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:45 PM  

  • Hi Punnet,
    Thank you very much for the information. I also faced same problem. I have a stored procedure, which was working fine till recently. Now, it is giving that nasty error(Internal error : 30002) when it is called from .NET programs. Though when it is called from back-end, it is giving no problems.

    Thanks,

    Nirmal Jana (nirmal_jana2001@hotmail.com)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:50 AM  

  • I'm not sure about ebf13008, but I am getting this error with this latest managed driver from Sybase:

    Sybase.AdoNet2.AseClient.dll

    Version: 1.15.325.0

    Released 15th August 2008

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:11 PM  

  • Hello.
    Where did you get that EBF from?
    I can't get it from the download page....

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:40 PM  

  • Hi,
    The output of my query dont have any smalldatetime fields, however i get the "Internal Error: 30016 ".
    Also, where will i get the EBF? is it freely available on the internal. Could you please reply?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:08 AM  

  • typo "on the internet".
    Also i have been facing this error intermittently on some stored procs. Mostly when it tries to retrieve huge data, 100 columns table with 100-200 rows fetched.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:10 AM  

  • I do not have the knowledge about this topic can you please educate me with that.

    By Anonymous scope of bioseoinformatics, at 4:15 AM  

  • this is nice post..but i have no any idea about this blog...please anyone provide me complete information about this

    By Anonymous jasmine25, at 1:03 AM  

  • http://online-bioinformatics.blogspot.in/


    for bioinformatics Book

    By Blogger Zahoorullah S MD, at 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home